Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think it's lovely! I used to have Evelina (ev-ah-lee-nah) on my list, for the nn Evie, and I think Eveline (this spelling!) is lovely, too. I'm not terribly keen on Evelene (it just looks made-up and trendy, whereas Eveline is a legitimate name, although I'm not sure its history) or Evaline (I instinctively separate it into Eva and line, so it's EE-vah-line, not EV-uh-leen, which I think is so much prettier). I like the pp's suggestion of Evel!en, though!

I agree with the pp, though--if we excluded every name that came from a Disney movie, you'd exclude a lot of names! I would think more people would think of Evangeline Lilly (and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem) long before they'd think of the Disney character. Wasn't she a moon, or a star, or something? I think the connection is actually quite beautiful.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I once met a Finnish girl named Eeva-Leena pronounced like (Ava-Layna)--I love that pronunciation best. Evangeline is about the only 'E' name I really like.