Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions about Hazel

post removed
    Last edited by mom2one2; February 11th, 2017 at 01:05 AM.

I LOVE Hazel! I know an awesome 5 year old Hazel who is intelligent, confident, and spunky and has beautiful, red, curly hair. Her name suits her perfectly. I think Hazel Hand is fine. I don't mind the alliteration. A longer middle would make it less choppy, so I prefer Lillian to Lily. Also Hazel Lily sounds like a type of flower to me. Hazel Lillian is great!
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

Hazel is a nice name and if you love it go for it. My name (fn-mn) is alliterative and its not a big deal. My SIL is technically a Hazel but has never gone by it until recently.

You know, when I read Hazel Lillian again, I realized some might be bothered by the L's at the end of Hazel and beginning of Lillian running into each other. Susannah would be a good way to avoid that issue. I prefer this spelling to Suzannah. Shoshana, the Hebrew form is also very pretty. I like Hazel Shoshana. Hazel Suzette is pretty darn cute, too!
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

If your last name starts with 'H', I'd go for a first name that doesn't. My first and last name both start w/R. It makes me feel like a cartoon character--like Richie Rich or Mighty Mouse or Ronald Reagan (no offense to Reaganites). My parents were still teens when I was born...I'm not sure people under 20 should be permitted to name children (except for those thoughtful enough to be researching names on Nameberry!).