Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grace: religious connotations?

When you hear the name Grace, do you automatically make religious associations to it?

We really like the name but are in no way religious- we like it simply for the sound of the name. Is it so common now it could be used simply because it's a nice-sounding name?

Not really- I think of a girl I knew in Kindergarten who always had a runny nose (who was named Grace, nicknamed Gracie,) followed by Amazing Grace. If you love it than you should use it.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

No religious connotations come to mind for me, but then, I'm not a religious person. Everyone has a different image/connection for every name, I think. For me, Grace just sounds, well, Graceful

Girls - Jane - Eleanor - Matilda - Caroline - Rosalind - Beatrix
    Boys - Arthur - Desmond - Edmund - Edwin - Frederick

I think names such as Grace and Faith have become so common place that people no longer automatically associate them with religion. I know people who were given the name Grace for religious reasons but I also know just as many that were given the name just because the parents liked the sound.

It's my grandmother's name, so I more think of my grandmother, and how utterly amazing she is. But she is very religious, so I think that's another reason why I love Grace for a future daughter of mine, it makes me think of this amazing woman and what truly matters to her (and me). But the religious part is an undertone--I really don't think of it outright, and I don't think anyone would assume you were a religious freak if you named your daughter Grace. It's a beautiful name.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here