Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I agree with you; the brand name connection is too strong. Mabel or even Maybelle is fine in my opinion (I'm a big Mabel fan), but I'm not a big May Beline fan. Beline just doesn't seem like a great name, and the name still sounds the same. I'd either use Mabel/Maybelle or choose another French name.

Sorry, but I can count the number of times I've worn makeup on one hand and literally do not know how to apply it, and I STILL thought of the brand. I'm not even sure how the brand name is spelled.

But I don't think sharing a name with a makeup brand is that bad. Unless guess if it's known as a not-so-great brand it's worse. That being said, if Azalea or Cordelia became a brand name I would still use them... I think it's usable but I understand why some people would be uncomfortable with it.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Oliver, Darcy, Orlando

I really like the name Maybelline, but the connection is way too strong for me to ever choose to use it. I would go with Maybelle and use Maybe or Maybellene as a nickname. I know it seems strange to a lot of people to have a nickname longer than the original, but that's how it's done in a lot of different languages, you add a diminutive ending to the name.

What about something along the lines of Mabel Aline? You could call her Maybelline/Maybellene at home, and she could go by May/Maybe/Mabel to the real world...
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

When I named my daughter Maeby, one of my 8th grade students told me I should have named her Maybellene. Not my style though!
    Maeby AlanaSaela Eliza

Marlow - Romy - Busy - Xanthe - Vaeda
    Crosby - Zefram - Jedi - Gannon - Ledger