Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sodallas3 View Post
    I recently read the poem Evangeline by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and it seems like such a gorgeous piece of writing that it made me reconsider Evangeline; but I've liked Angelina for a long time too. Which do you prefer?
    Och, how was it?! I have been trying to get my hands on a copy of Evangeline for probably over 10 years now! I don't suppose it would be that hard to get a hold of, lol, but I really am not that into poetry, and ONLY want to buy Evangeline, not a whole book of poetry by Longfellow or something. That's the main appeal of Evangeline for me, as well (besides the religious connotations!). I think Evangeline is lovely--it by far gets my vote! I do like Angelina, but nowhere near as much as Evangeline. I can't help but think of Angelina Jolie and Angelina Ballerina with Angelina. :/ Still a beautiful name, though!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I am really not a fan of either. I really don't care for Angelina. It is a little too Ballerina for me. Plus, I dislike Angie which could happen. Evangeline is a little better but not my style either.

I'm not a fan of Evangeline. It's a bit harsh. Angelina is beautiful, and I love the nn Angie!
    Current favorites:

ANNAROSE ELIZABETH

LAURENCE ALEXANDER

I dislike Evangeline a lot because of the strong religious connotations with evangelicals and such. Angelina isn't my thing, either, what with the celebrity connection, but I still prefer it.

I love Evangeline. Such a beautiful, exotic name. I know it's popular with Berries, but I have never heard it used in real life.