Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tessa or Tess

I personally prefer Tessa. But, if you will be calling her Tess, I would name her Tess. 3 syllable names would be great in the middle:

Tess Josephine
    Tess Camilla
    Tess Elizabeth
    Tess Eliza
    Tess Margaret
    Tess Lillian
    Tess Augusta
    Tess Caroline

Och, I agree completely. I don't mind Tessa (it's sweet), but I much prefer just Tess. I agree that it's hard to pair up, but I find Tessa hard to pair up, too. It flows with more things, but honestly, I don't really like most of the pairings that people come up with, so I might as well just opt for what I love, and what I love is Tess. Besides, I've found a Tess combo I adore (Tess Penelope), so I'm pretty set. Hadn't you been tossing around Tess Emmeline? I love that for you! I think Lilla Clare, Vivienne Grace, and Tess Emmeline are really sweet together for sisters!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

If Tess is the name you love, use it. (Btw, I agree, Tessa is nice but Tess is fantastic.). Middle names with 3 or more syllables work well with Tess.

Tess Alexandra
    Tess Juliette
    Tess Lilliana
    Tess Olivia
    Tess Lucille
    Gwendolyn Mae... Meredith Jane. ... Josephine Claire...Catherine Esme... Evelyn Grace ** Arlo Grant ... Drew Thomas ... Eli James ... Owen Vincent... Jay Theodore

Quote Originally Posted by jesba View Post
    Am I right that little girl's last name will be Cook? If so, Tessa flows a little better with it than Tess as well. I mean, I would still totally use Tess if it's your strong preference. Tess with that last name is still fine. I think you may want to avoid middles that start with a vowel as they could kind of slide onto Tess? What names are the closest to you liking them? Or is there a family name you can use for its own sake that will help wipe out any dislike you have for the sound?
    This. Though I disagree with using Tess over Tessa even if it's your preference... Tess Cook is so abrupt, there is just no flow. There are lots of Tes- names if you're willing to go significantly longer, and simply use Tess as her everyday name.
    One little born 1/14