Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oops, I guess I read through to fast! Still a 'small' world though!
    Mama to my princes Kuyper Aaron, Zane Henry, Charles (Charlie) Lloyd, and Finley Miles.

I'm thanking saracita00 for the history, too--obviously I'd forgotten many of the details! I knew there was a bird connection...
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    Ah, well, if the surname is one currently in use, I can see how there isn't much glamour in it. How sad, you might just have to use Saxony (heehee). I also liked @domestikated's "Mighty Fortress" idea, though it's pretty roundabout.

I personally wouldn't use Charles in the "Luther honor" combination because Charles V was the Holy Roman Emperor who presided at the Diet of Worms. Poor guy was only 19 and more or less a pawn to the inner workings of the Roman Catholic church at the time, but anyway, it seems odd as part of the "tribute" name. Right off I would also eliminate Leo (the Pope at the time; there were others too but this one played a major role and would be known) Johann (Tetzel) and Hans (Luther's dad; they eventually came to terms but it wasn't a good relationship for a very long time), though except possibly for Leo, I don't expect you want any of these anyway.
    Och, can you tell it's been too long since middle school Bible history lessons? I am really loving Charles Saxon, though! Do you think too many people would notice? Maybe I should just opt for Boaz Frederick, then, although I think I'd miss Boaz Benjamin that I had been considering earlier. Hmm.

Or maybe just opt for Saxon Frederick instead? I'm not sure how much I LOVE Saxon for me as a FN, though--I love that Alex O'Loughlin has a son named Saxon (honestly, I love Lion, too, so I must just love his style...), but I'm not sure I can see me with a Saxon...

As for Hans/Johann, that probably wouldn't be too much of a worry, but what about Saxon and Johanna as siblings? Would that be a no-no, do you think?
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; June 26th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:04 PM.