Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Daisy?

I know two people with the name Daisy, one is about 7 and the other is 17. Despite knowing the older one I still can't see this name on anyone older than 10. I think it's a lovely name, very sweet, and for a short while it was on my list. However in the end I had to admit defeat because I can not, and will not ever, be able to see this name on a fully grown woman.
    Britberry * Trainee Teacher
    Octavia ~ James-Joseph~ Sapphire~ Clark

I like Daisy. I find it hard to see it aging well, as do a lot of people, but I still think it's sweet. Daisies are some of my favorite flowers. I really like it as a MN. I've considered Adeline Daisy in the past, and I am sort of liking (okay, really liking!) Eleanor Daisy atm. I think Daisy could be a cute nn for Adelaide or Margaret, though...
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I like Daisy, I don't think about dogs when I hear it at all, if anything i've met a rediculous amount of dogs called Jessie (my name), but no one thinks of dogs when they hear Jessie (I don't think?) Anyway Daisy is a lovely name and I love the Gatsby reference.

I'm not especially fond of flower names for girls, but aside from that, no major objections. If I had to choose a flower name...Iris.

I've never met a dog named Daisy but I have meet a little girl by the name. Daisy is sweet and sassy! She's The Great Gatsby and Downton Abbey - her only downfall is how youthful she is - I can't picture a middle-aged or elderly Daisy.
    ...dreaming of naming my future first cat.

today's favorites: Howl, Sherlock, Scheherazade

(and favorites of the non-pet names: Celia Hermione, Odette, Inigo, Arthur Rooney)