Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    If you or your SO is French, I think you can do it. It's such a guilty pleasure name for me, ever since I saw that video of an adorable little Capucine telling stories a few years ago (if you haven't seen her videos, look up capucha on Vimeo). If you're not French, I think it would only pass if you live somewhere with an historically French population and familiarity with the language like New Orleans.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I would only use it if I (or my SO) was French.

I don't drink it either but my first thought is cappuccino. I don't think it's "normal enough" to fit in with Josephine, Emmeline, and Caroline. It's a lot more unusual and I think a child with the name in the US would get a lot of weird looks. Then again, I'm not one of those that thinks anything French is automatically chic and cool, so that may change things.

I do think Capucine is better suited as a middle name and Sylvia Capucine is lovely.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I'm not a fan...I think of cappuccino or Capuchin monkeys, like a previous poster said. Just because something's "chic" in France doesn't mean it'd go over well on another continent - sorry!
    Note: If you're using it as a middle name, I think it's "okay". Definitely not something I would use, but I wouldn't judge you for using it haha. But it's a definite no from me as a first name.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

Thanks, ladies! For those who said they'd only use it if I or my SO was French... atm, there is no SO, and there is a very itty-bitty part of me that's French, but that's not why I would use it. My best friend was French--she'd lived in Paris the majority of her life--and she passed away Dec. 2011. So picking a French name would be in honor of her memory.

@scarletrune - Well, I never would have made the Capucine = cappuccino association on my own--it didn't hit me until someone mentioned it on here, so I was just wondering how strong of a connection it was for people.

I'm also considering Zara Capucine, Grace Capucine, and Audrey Capucine from other names on my list--do any of those top Sylvia Capucine--or Elise Capucine (which others seemed not to love so much, but I still really like it)?
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here