Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thank you for sharing all your information about Vitex. I just got off bc (depo provera shot) and have been really frustrated about the fact that my period hasn't come back yet. I'm going to pick up some Vitex today and see if this helps regulate my ovulation and period over time.
    Emily Anne
    26 year old teacher & name lover
    Married 10/29/2011
    William "Liam" Crawford born 10/24/15 | 8lb 7oz | 21 inches

Mommy of two little dachshund girls
    Bree Anne & Addy Lynn

Hi Emily,
    Just wanted to add another vitex success story:

I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago and told I would never get pregnant without intervention. My husband and I tried unsuccessfully to conceive for 4 years (no birth control) before trying vitex. I took a vitex pill twice a day for 45 days and got pregnant with my son. I had lost 15 pounds, started eating protein with every snack/meal, lots of organic fruits and veggies, and low carb (you do need SOME carbs!). I also added vitamins D3 and B12 to my prenatal vitamin, along with chromium. I drank 2 cups a day of red raspberry leaf tea mixed with spearmint tea. I also removed as many products with parabens and fragrance from my beauty routine that I could, and stopped using plastics made with BPAs.

I don't know that ALL of these things contributed to my pregnancy, but they certainly can't hurt!

Good luck! I honestly thought I would never get to be a Mama, and now I have the sweetest 4 month old Yay Vitex!
    Favorites: Archer * Jasper * Arlo * Felix
    Martha * Annabel * Matilda * Fiona

Proud mama to Simon Alex@nder, born July 2014

Thinking of trying Vitex

I have PCOS and do not ovulate. Tried clomid 9 years ago with ex husband along with ivf. No success. The stress led to divorce. Remarried now and was on BC(depo) from March of 2011 until early April of this year. Was on depo to stop my periods because they were so heavy and painful. I am really wanting to try for a baby but can't afford more infertility treatments. Will the Vitex help regulate periods as well as ovulation? As I said, no period yet, only spotting since ending depo.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful posts. I've tried everything (fertilAid, vitex, folic acid and zinc, fertibella) but nothing is working. So I've decided to try Clomiphene (Clomid). Very happy ❤️ I found 'CLO2PREG' in Google and got it a way cheaper. The first round worked for me and I am still in shock. No side effects that I notice, I take 50mg for days 5-9 of my cycle.
    Last edited by doracalhoun; March 24th, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

I've taken Vitex as a tincture or in pill form - my doc recommended it as an option for helping with a hormonal imbalance. I went off it for a while, then started up again when I wanted to TTC. Conceived on the first try! I don't know if the Vitex helped but my doc said that I might have trouble conceiving due to this hormonal imbalance. Either that was not the case or the Vitex helped!
    Mama to Beatrix

Firsts: Dorothea ۰ Frances ۰ Winifred ۰ Josephine ۰ Harriet
    Middles: Mabel ۰ Ivy ۰ Violet ۰ Belle ۰ West

Firsts: Archie ۰ Theodore ۰ Casper ۰ George ۰ Harry
    Middles: Theodore ۰ August ۰ Alcott ۰ March ۰ Oscar

I am 37 + weeks pregnant with baby #2 - I had been trying for about 9 months but was still breastfeeding my son a couple of times a day - didn't feel right weaning him just to get pregnant as I felt it was causing my long cycles and late ovulation - but wanted to conceive. My ovulation day got closer and closer to the middle of my cycle over three months using vitex (usual cycle length 31 days, ovulation moved from day 25 to 15) conceived on the third month using. I didn't carry on takin it through the first trimester as some do. Xx
    Proud Mummy to Jude Barnaby
    ~ 9th March 2018 ~