Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I've always thought Rory was very hard to say. That is the main reason I don't like the name. Rrrrr..........

Rory and Rowan would be a NoNo in my book......Rrrrrr.......

I don't think it'd be cheesy at all! I love that name! It's a pretty perfect, not overly trendy,definitely unique, but not too out there.

I don't know about difficult...but awkward, definitely. I don't relish saying it. I also thought that it would be pretty matchy to have siblings Rowan and Rory; not my thing, but maybe yours?

Rory isn't hard to say, and although I occasionally don't mind matching initials, Rory and Rowan are too similar for my liking. I would leave it for the middle.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

I like Rory a lot, and I think it's easy to say, and it seems like the perfect sort of name for you--so in your style, but mainstream enough that it really fits in with Rowan, unisex-stylish enough that quite at few people like it--that she'll likely like it--but tame enough that she wouldn't really feel like she has a crazy name, or a boys' name, but boyish/unisex enough that it really seems to suit your style. I want to love it, but I agree, Rory and Rowan are really similar. I think two "R" names are fine (Rowan and Reese/Rhys? even Rowan and Reagan?), but the Ro's for Rowan and Rory are really close. I still think you could probably get away with it, if it's the one, but it might be a bit too close for comfort. For me, at least, and for quite a few other Berries, apparently. I think Sawyer has that same great balance, unusual, unisex/masculine, but still more socially acceptable for a girl that goes really great with Rowan. Do you still like Sawyer? I've always really liked it for you from your options.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here