Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any winners?

Any winners?

Elder sister: Sansa Nanami

Hello everyone. I was looking to get some opinions on a few names that have been floating around my brain lately. Having a difficult time with my lists right now - it's at the point where I feel like throwing everything out - so any help is MUCH appreciated. Suggestions are fine as long as it's not "Lose the wacky names and try these ones!" etc. Not that I think I have to worry about that, but, well, you know.

Anoushka
    Astoria
    Clea
    Cordelia
    Cosima
    Delphine
    Edie/Edith
    Elettra
    Endellion
    Etta
    Eulalie
    Juno/Juniper
    Maeve
    Marina
    Matilda/Maude
    Paloma
    Poppy
    Rui
    Tamsin
    Wilhelmina
    Winter/Winnie
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

These are my favorites from your list, I think sisters Sansa & Paloma are gorgeous.

Cordelia
    Edie
    Etta
    Juno/Juniper
    Maeve
    Matilda/Maude
    Paloma
    Poppy
    Winter/Winnie

• Anoushka - Prefer Anouk. Anoushka, though really fun to say, is very diminutive. Anouk nn Anoushka?
    • Astoria - No. Queens, NY.
    • Clea - Beautiful, surprising, sexy. Good with Sansa.
    • Cordelia - Not with Sansa. Sansa is so modern and sleek. Cordelia is all brocade and pearls. Plus, Lear is a bloodbath.
    • Cosima - Gorgeous. Not bad with Sansa phonetically, but completely different in tone.
    • Delphine - Too beautiful to nix. But it overpowers delicate Sansa, imo. Perhaps a middle name?
    • Edie/Edith - Edith and Sansa could be nice. Very different in popularity though. I despise Edie, but Edith is delicious.
    • Elettra - Crazy Elettra! Not sure about the namesake, though it's a great play.
    • Endellion - Love this, but not with Sansa. You need something minimal and fresh next to Sansa.
    • Etta - Sure! Jazzy, bright, unexpected. I can see Etta and Sansa together.
    • Eulalie - I enjoy Eulalie's yodelerific sound, but again, she's from a completely different universe than Sansa.
    • Juno/Juniper - Juno and Sansa gets a thumbs-up from me. A great pairing.
    • Maeve - Yes, this could work. Maeve is much stronger than Sansa, imo, so it might overpower Sansa. Love Maeve.
    • Marina - Oddly good! Marina is much more literal than Sansa, but it's a beautiful watery blue name, and it has a gentleness that's akin to Sansa.
    • Matilda/Maude - Matilda is too calico and Maude is too severe next to Sansa.
    • Paloma - Maybe. Paloma is so so gorgeous. I like it, but it might upstage Sansa. Not sure. Perhaps as a middle?
    • Poppy - Meh.
    • Rui - What is Rui? Quite close to "ruin," and Roy. NMS. But it's about as mysterious as Sansa, so it could work.
    • Tamsin - Lovely. Feels delicate and a bit androgynous. I think it could totally work with Sansa.
    • Wilhelmina - Too hefty/German next to San.
    • Winter/Winnie - Middle name? Not sure. I really like Winter, but it's getting trendy. Winnie is adorable, but does Sansa have a cute nickname too?

I love:

Cosima (it's just recently grown on me, and now I really adore it!)
    Cordelia
    Delphine
    Edith "Edie"
    Poppy
    Winter/Winnie

I LOVE Anouk, but don't particularly feel inspired one way or the other regarding Anoushka. What about Anouk nn Anoushka? Or Anoushka nn Anouk? Either way, I love Anouk. I like Electra (and Elettra!)--and find it quite cool with Sansa. I find Clea quite lovely with Sansa, as well. And I can't decide how I feel about Marina--I used to adore it, but over the past couple years it's had a "meh" feeling to me. Not great, but not bad. I think I just got tired of it, but it is lovely. I do think Sansa and Marina or Sansa and Clea would be lovely, though...

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

misslindseylou: Thanks for your input!

emmabobemma: Right to the point, thanks for the detail you put into the response. Kind of sad about Astoria, as that had been a #2 to Sansa for so long. But, I digress. Any alternate ideas that come to mind that aren't on the list yet?

PS- I think I'm a bit name style confused, as Sansa does have that delicate feel to it, but I don't see myself as gravitating toward that type of name? Not sure if that makes sense or not.

ashthedreamer: I like what you said about Marina, as I feel borderline that way about it (tired), but something in me didn't want to rule it out just yet.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them