Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Carrigan "Carrie" work with big sis Ada?

3 weeks until I am due and still havent settled on a name.

Hubs and I chatted about name Carrie today and I mentioned Carrigan as a longer form with a little more oomph.

What do people think of Carrigan "Carrie" to go with older sister Ada Elizabeth H?

If you like Carrigan any suggestions on a middle name that works? Would be nice if we could use some form of my husband's middle - Alexander.

If you dont like Carrigan what would you name Adas sister?

Thanks in advance!!

Not a huge fan of Carrigan, but the Carrie nickname is nice.
    Bryn came to mind as a sister name for Ada, with a similar feel to Carrigan.
    Strong female name enthusiast

Harriet Jean. Olive Theodora. Delphi Josephine. Saskia Margaret. Winifred Alice. Maxine Frances

Tobias Hugo. David Augustus. Peter Archibald. Charles Finnian. Rupert Ezra

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

I really love Carrie with Ada. Both are old-fashioned, sweet, and friendly, and they sound like sisters. Carrigan isn't my style, but with surnames in fashion I don't think people would find it off the wall at all. It makes me think of cardigans and Nancy Kerrigan but that's probably just me!

Ada and Caroline (NN Carrie) is a perfect set to me, but if you find Caroline too popular there is:
    Carys - I like how this is short like Ada and has the not-frilly sound of Carrigan
    Carolina
    Caralea / Carolee
    Carlotta
    Carina or Carenna
    Girls:
    Catherine/Kathleen, Susan/Susannah, Anne/Anna/Annabeth, Jane, Margaret/Marguerite, Rose/Rosemary, Cecile/Cecily, Flora/Laura, Gwendolen, Paloma, Tabitha, Lucille, Beatrice, Harriet

Boys:
    Frederick, Hugh/Hugo, Wilfred, Basil, Augustin, Edmund, Arlo, Timothy

I think Carrigan is way too trendy sounding to go with sister Ada's name!

Carrie is adorable nickname for Carolina, Caroline, Carina, etc. Carrie itself makes very nice name. Honestly i never understood the american fashion of making surnames into first names, and Carrigan for a girl seems almost inappropriate - way too harsh.
    Last edited by sistergoldenhair; May 27th, 2014 at 07:53 AM.