Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vesper?

Vesper?

I like the name Vesper, not love, but like. But it's got a strong emotional connection for me because of a place I went to as a child. When we left, we had a ceremony called Vespers. What do you think of the name Vesper? Normally, I like girlier names like Lia, Emily, Summer, Daisy, Evelyn, Maeve, Adelia. Is Vesper usable as a first name? How about a middle name? Or should I just keep it on the back burner as a guilty pleasure name?

I love Vesper! I think so much of the appeal to me is vespers. I got a lot out of youth groups, out of church, church school, even Sabbath School (my church's version of Sunday School), but vespers was always the most meaningful. It was so intimate, I always felt like I got to know God in vespers, I love how it embodies God's closeness to me. It's a beautiful name, and it has this soft and whispery vibe to it that I love. It is a lot of name for a FN, but I think it works as a MN! I like Adelia Vesper a lot.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I LOVE Vesper as a girls first name. Great idea, please do it!

I'm sorry but I can't help but make the immediate connection with Vespa (as in the motorbike). Don't want connotations of "riding a Vespa". Just putting it out there.

I could see it as a middle name more than a first name.