Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What's Your Latest Name Crush?

Is there a name that you've recently fallen in love with?

Is it a name that was new to you or one that has grown on you gradually?

Where did you hear it?

What in particular do you love about it?

Lilith.

I had heard it before in association with mythology, Lilith Fair, and as character names in various TV series/books/comics/anime, but I never really stopped and noticed it until recently and have grown to embrace its powerful, elegant, and slightly mysterious aura as well as the history behind it.

I like that it's seemingly being reclaimed from the sort of patriarchal seductress/witchy/"bad, disobedient girl" connotation it had before into something more empowering, multifaceted, and interesting. There's something ancient and timeless sounding about it too. My attraction to it is especially surprising considering I usually hate the double-L names...and this is close to Lily, which, while sweet and pretty, is the definition of cutesy and lightweight imo and not my naming style at all.

Matisse - for a girl. So sweet and artistic (as its original name bearer, Matisse the artist).

Phaedra - for a girl. Pronounced "Fay- dra". It just sounds so ethereal and feminine.

Nisha - for a girl. Pronounced "Nee-sha". Sweet and soft.

Lately I'm loving Poppy, Julia, Serafina, and Fiora. And Cosima. I don't think I'd use any of them as FNs, but I just love them as names in general! I'm adding Poppy as a MN for Emmeline, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit Serafina, Fiora, and Cosima in. I still love them, though.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Alesana and Eliana are the two names I've recently started liking. Eliana I started liking last year when I wanted a longer name for "Ana." I was looking at "Alliannah" but I didn't like all of the long "a" sounds in there. I just love how Eliana isn't too popular and isn't a name that's uncommon. I found Alesana this year because I subscribe to a vlog on youtube and the girl has a daughter Alesana. She took the name from a band, but prounounces it differently than the band does. I like "Al-es-ona" the best. Tbh, I'm not sure what I love about the name. I guess just the sound of it and again with the "Ana" lol.
    Strive not to be a success, but rather of value
    ~Albert Einstein~