Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Miri would be pronounced like "mee-ree". I think it's very cute!

Other suggestions

Abigail
    Bethany
    Claudia
    Delilah
    Joanna
    Joy
    Rebecca/Rebekah
    Sarah/Sarai

Get out your Bible Maps! I think Biblical place names, such as Lydia, have potential... even though my hubby nay-say'd all of them
    Some stand-out place names are Eden, Joppa, Bethany, {Mt of}Olive{s}, and Lydda
    Mother of Evander, Gabriel, and Eliza
    Theodore - Jobadiah - Shepherd -- Celia - Annabelle - Calliope

Quote Originally Posted by jlynn324 View Post
    Thanks How would you pronounce Miri? I think Miriam sounds like an older name but maybe if the nickname is cute. We are considering variants. One possible choice we are thinking of us Elisa (short for Elizabeth). I love Ruth but I also have a niece with that name.
    I say MEER-ee. Since Miriam is MEER-ee-um. I love Elisa! I read this series about this amazing Elisa in high school--it's a great Christian fiction series, if you're interested (The Zion Covenant, by Brock and Bodie Thoene). I think it's a pretty cool connection to the name. My only hang up is that it sounds so much like Lisa. For years I thought it was pronounced like Eliza, and to be honest, I still love the idea of Elisa pronounced like Eliza. Probably not very realistic, though.

Do you have a favorite Bible character? Some of my favorite names hold ties to my favorite Bible characters/stories, etc. Caleb is so much more meaningful to me because I love the character--a spy, a warrior for God (deep into his 80s!), a loving father... he was pretty much a rockstar. And his relationship with God was amazing. I would love for a future son to love the tie to the Biblical Caleb, to aspire to be as much of a Godly man as Caleb was. Maybe you could get some inspiration for your own daughter?

ETA: Also, have you thought of names that don't exactly show up in the Bible, but they have very obviously religious/Christian meanings? Like Eliora, which means "The Lord is my light", or Arianne/Ariana/etc. meaning "very holy one", or Arabella, meaning "prayerful"? I think that could be another source of inspiration. I think Lily names are great to honor the Christian faith as well--one of Jesus' names is "Lily of the Valley".
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; June 3rd, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Kekoa Alexander Jack "Koa"Audrey Cosima JaneJack Gulliver EzraAdele Sofia Eloise
    Eleni Charlotte Jane "Leni"Samuel Gaspard JohnAurora Kaia ElisabethReef Benjamin Elias
    Flynn MessalaLillian CamelliaKainoa BenjaminAdelaide Mercy "Daisy"
    Claire AmaliaBailey AmiasEsme GeorginaCaleb Giovanni

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Okay, here we go!

Abigail (I just love that name, it's so gorgeous...Mmm? What? I'm biased?...Oh. Right. That's MY name.)
    Devorah (Hebrew version of Deborah, it's a nice twist)
    Dina
    Ariel
    Eden
    Eva
    Hannah
    Jemima
    Martha
    Naomi
    Rebecca
    Zipporah

Good luck!
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!

For biblical names I like

Phoebe
    Moriah
    Leah
    Dinah
    Junia