Results 6 to 9 of 9
Thread: Your naming rules....
June 2nd, 2013 08:09 PM #6
1. Easy to pronounce.
2. Easy to spell.
3. Something I love and adore, over just liking.
4. No teasing potential.
5. Has to sound well with he or she's siblings.
6. Flows with our last name.
7. Will age well.
8. Not overly common, if it is and has multiple nicknames, try them. I have a super common name for my age and I always hated you couldn't call me anything but Erin.
9. Try and not have the initials match, if it happens with two of them it is fine.
10. Make sure Jason loves the name as much as me and has input too.~E&J~
Mama to: Truman "True" Reed (1/06), Delaney "Laney" Katherine (7/07), Charlotte "Lottie" Elisa (9/09), and Hallie Jane (3/11). Expecting Spencer "Spence" Troy and Georgia "Georgie Bea" Beatrice (8/13)
June 2nd, 2013 10:03 PM #8
1. Obvious to spell and pronounce (no popular variations)
2. Must contain a "hope". By which I mean, I want there to be something about the name that says your parents hope you will grow up to _______. Whether that is " be like a certain person" "live up to a meaning" "conduct yourself in such a way that you bring even greater honor to that name".Top Names: Benedict Calvin & Noelle Geneva
Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
Eli/Solomon : Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
Due in January!
June 3rd, 2013 06:03 PM #10
1. No creative spellings.
2. Something that makes me feel light inside.
3. A name which has some kind of significance to it, even if it's not a family name (which a lot of my names are in some capacity) the name must be meaningful.
4. Will age well.
6. The name must have a saint in it somewhere, what can I say I'm Catholic♧ mama to finnegan alexander [11.29.15] ♧
♧ a wee one due [08.03.17] ♧
♧ sullivan ; seamus ; rosemary ; annemarie ♧
June 3rd, 2013 10:05 PM #12Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
1. Easy to pronounce
2. Easy to spell
3. Good meaning
4. Safe initials
5. Not particularly common or popular
6. Honor family members (middle names can be exact but first names should be slightly different or with a different nickname)
7. Age well
8. Literary or historical reference preferred
9. Flows with surname
10. Sounds okay with potential sibling names
Solomon Thor *Solo*, Jeffrey Scott *Free*, & Orison Jack *Ori* < (Dad's name is Jeffrey Thor *Jeff*, Orison means prayer, Solomon means peace, Jack is both of my grandfathers' names)
Ottilie Margaret *Tilly*, Vada Katherine, & Linnea Jean < (Mom's name is Margaret, Katherine is a friend of mine who died and Kathryn is my cousin, Linnea is Swedish like my family, Jean is after Nana Dean, Grandma Mary Joan, Auntie Jan, Aunt Jenny, and Grandpa Jack EugeneAnsel Grayer, Bodhi Coven, Elliot Denali, Etienne Rhodes, Ford Rafferty, Foster Knox, Jethro Merrick, Julian Everest, Koa Phoenix, Otto Pacey, Seaton Milo, Serephin Matteo, Shepherd Kellan, Theodore Viggo
Anthea Fife, Caitrin Meadow, Callie Rue Eliza, Esmae Regina Poet, Farley Selene, Gaia Winter Maren, Hazel Verity Bliss, Kendra Hollow, Linnea Echo, Oona Maple, Phoebe Calla, Rosalind Vale, Rowena Fate, Sage Mirabai, Scarlet Macey