Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Joseph Arthur (nickname Ari) too complicated?

I have posted about trying to use a different nickname for our son due in 4 weeks He will be named Joseph Arthur. I was thinking Joss or Seph to avoid Joe/Joey but not really feeling it. However I was just thinking Arthur with the nickname Ari is so cute. I have always liked Ari.

I have to use Joseph as the first name and Arthur is his grandfathers middle name (and the share initials JAG) and great-great grandfathers first name.ng

Also his Hebrew name will be Yosef something so maybe : Yosef Ariel or Ariel Yosef

I really like Ari but maybe it is too complicated? What do you think?
    Mommy to
    Noah William
    Eliana Beatrice
    Joseph Arthur
    Ethan James

It makes perfect sense to me. I know several people who go by a nickname for their middle name.

Yes, too complicated. I would call him Joseph. So much nicer than any of the nicknames.

I would just use Arthur Joseph, but my other two have their Hebrew names as a first name and a family name as the second. I don't want to break the tradition even though I really like Arthur Joseph
    Mommy to
    Noah William
    Eliana Beatrice
    Joseph Arthur
    Ethan James

I know you've struggled with Joseph and the nn Joe, so I think going by Arthur nn Ari is great. Some people may not "get" it, but Joseph Arthur nn Ari works fine, and it's no more of a stretch than a Maya Isobel going by Bella or something, imo. If you love it, I think it really works.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here