Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

The name Revere...

What do you think of it? I think it has a neat sound and also a cool meaning as a word name! What kind of a boy/man do you picture having this name?

Thanks!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

I kind of like it, though it might work better as a middle. It's a middle name on my dad's side of the family.
    Gideon ~ Ezekiel ~ Abel ~ Emmett ~ Declan ~ Silas ~ Ezra ~ Flynn ~ Jasper ~ Elliot
    Maisie ~ Willa ~ Naomi ~ Vivienne ~ Evangeline ~ Gemma ~ Amaryllis ~ Lux ~ Remi ~ Sophie
    Shiloh ~ River ~ Sage ~ Rowan

Name Crush of the Moment: Oona

I like it. I can't picture a particular type of guy.
    Edward Blaise ♦ James Perseus ♦ Theodore Ciarán
    Helen ♦ Georgia ♦ Daphne

I like it! I like both the meaning of Revere, and also the connection to Paul Revere of American history. I think he's a pretty cool namesake. And Rev/Ev could be a pretty cool nn, or even Vere (or Ever!). I'm not sure what kind of guy I would picture--probably someone who loves history and his country, with a good and noble heart, who doesn't have an unkind bone in his body. Maybe a bit sporty, as well.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I like it! I like both the meaning of Revere, and also the connection to Paul Revere of American history. I think he's a pretty cool namesake.
    Agreed. I love the namesake, and I love that it's also a verb. It's a unique, interesting name, while still sounding quite intelligent and worldly...
    Currently exiled from the US

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

EDD: Oct '17
    XY: Edmund Kaveh
    XX: Solenne Mitra, Honora Katayoun