Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eliana or Annabella?

Which one goes best with brother Silas? TY!

Annabella, by far. Matches the old-fashioned feel of Silas well. Also, it has the strong vowels and L sound like Silas, but somehow feels more distinct from Silas than Eliana, IMO.

I have too many friends with little girls named some variation of Eliana, Aliana, Allyana, Elliana, etc that I find spelling and pronounciation uber confusiing. That said, I think Eliana is the most straightforward and pleasant version of all them.

ETA: If you're using nns, Anna is most plain but probably least common in this generation?l And IMO sweet with Silas. Ellie seems pretty common these days and Bella has a fancier sound....but I think all are fine.
    Last edited by loisvs; May 27th, 2013 at 04:09 AM.

I like Eliana better, but I don't think it matches Silas very well. Silas feels a bit "country chic" to me... so I'd choose Annabella...
    Currently exiled from the US

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

EDD: Oct '17
    XY: Edmund Kaveh
    XX: Solenne Mitra, Honora Katayoun

I like both a lot with Silas, but I like Annabella much more as a name. I think Eliana has a lovely meaning, and it's quite beautiful and sweet, but I just can't get past Ellie! I can't stand the nn, it sounds so whiny and blah to me. I think Silas and Annabel would work a bit better--Annabella's a bit frilly for Silas--but Silas and Annabella is very sweet.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your comments. This is such a rough decision...anyone else care to chime in?