Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verena vs Verona

Which name do you prefer? Verena or Verona?

I prefer Verena as a name. I believe Shakespeare used Verona as a place in some of his plays, and while it's a nice connection, Verena just feels more like a name to me. Something about Verona makes me imagine a car... A "Toyota Verona", "Honda Verona", etc. Verena is lovely and lilting, with plenty of history. My vote goes to Verena.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Saying both names aloud, I really prefer Verena. It sounds lovely, and when I say Verona on the other hand, I feel like it's an incomplete Veronica. Verena sounds complete and just it's a really pretty name.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 20!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

Verena is wonderful, I know a Verena who loves her name because of a connection with a long-ago Verena who was known for bravery and kindness as a nurse.

Verena. But I would think the Two Gentlemen of Verona connection would be pretty fun to have! I've not read the play, but I adore Shakespeare, and it's something I'd like to read in the future. I adore Serena, though, and I think Verena's closeness to it is what draws me to it, though. I would love to meet a little girl with either one of these names, though.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here