Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Valen/Valens for a girl or boy?

I quite like the names Valen and Valens... although I am not sure if I prefer them for a boy or a girl!

Whats your opinion...Do you like them? Which one is better?? And are they better for boy or girl?

Cheers?
    on the search for the perfect girls name!

I honestly love Valen. I had a friend several years ago who had a son named Valen, I remember thinking it was one cool name! I also like Vale/Vail for a boy, though, too. I can't really see Valen on a girl because of her son, but strangely enough, I sort of like Valens for a girl. Or you could do something like Valentina, which marks it firmly in the feminine camp, and use the nn Valen/Valens?
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

The name makes me think of two people: Roman Emperor Valens and singer Richie Valens who sang the 50's song "La Bamba" and died in a plane crash with Buddy Holly. I can only see the name on a boy. It does remind me of drapery word "valance" so I don't have a great liking for the name.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Have to agree with the other posters. Valen/Valens is all boy for me. I love the suggestion of fn Valentina with nn of Valen though!
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

I prefer Valen to Valens. I like it and would definitely see it as a boys name. Vale is also great.
    Top Names: Benedict Calvin & Noelle Geneva
    Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
    Eli/Solomon : Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
    Due in January!