Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Love Lydia! I think the nn Liddy/Lydie is super sweet, and I love the Biblical and literary connections (although Lydia Bennet is much less savory than some of her older sisters!). Cleopatra is a bit much for me, but I think Lydia Augusta is lovely!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    I want to like Lydia but thanks to someone I went to high school with all I think when I hear it is ... Lydia Chlamydia. Not a problem when they're young but potentially disastrous in the teenage years.
    I think chlamydia too. Though i did have an acquaintance that was called Lydia and no one really made the connection.
    Teenberry who is obsessed with names - probably a minority on nameberry who likes popular names

Ladies: Holly|Charlotte|Lily|Chloe|Indigo|Zoe|Stella
    Gents: Jonty|Jordan|Hunter|James|Xavier|Cullen|Louie

I'm not a fan, to me it just sounds too old. I think it sounds too much like Lid of your. Me and my family have a joke about Lydia Dustbin.

I adore Lydia, I think it's such a pretty name, and Lyddie is adorable on a little girl too. I'm not a fan of Augusta or Cleopatra, sorry. I think a non-a ending middle name would be better. Assuming you want something fairly long:

Lydia Caroline
    Lydia Catherine
    Lydia Clementine
    Lydia Isabelle
    Lydia Margaret/Margeurite
    Lydia Rosemary
    Lydia Imogen
    Lydia Vivian/Vivienne
    Lydia Emmeline
    Lydia Penelope

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I love Lydia, but hubby won't get on board.

I love that it is a classic named that has been used consistently for over a century (in North America), without ever being really popular or trendy. It is one of those names that you can't go wrong with.

I wouldn't worry about the teasing potential. It is a classic enough and common enough that it shouldn't be a major issue. Lydia Chlamydia would get old really fast and isn't even that funny.
    Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Luther's little brother November 2015!
    Currently loving: Magnus, Tiberius, Gregor, Corvus and Ulric.