Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Blast from the past!

My sister is rearranging our room this week and I came across one of my old diaries. I was reminiscing (btw, fifth grade Ashley had the worst, most awkward grammar ever, lol!), and came across a list of names I had written even back then. I didn't even think I kept a name list, but apparently I did!

Elisa May
    Hazel Anne
    Cassia Sarah
    Kathleen Ellen
    Kathryn Jennifer
    Kristiana Kate
    Hailee Laura
    Abigail Jane
    Jason Samuel
    Jerry Nathan (what?! Jerry wasn't even cool when I was a little kid, haha, I honestly don't know where I saw the appeal in this!)
    Rachel Elsie
    Susan Priscilla

It's interesting to see the names that I still love and the trends I grew out of! Elisa, Hazel, Catherine, Samuel, and Rachel are still quite huge favorites of mine, and I still quite like Cassia and Abigail. Awkwardly enough, I don't ever remember loving Elsie, Susan, or Priscilla, and I quite hate Kathleen now. Jason doesn't surprise me at all, though--I still love it, and its meaning, and would probably consider it more if it weren't so dated. Abigail was my first favorite girls' name.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting. What names did you like when you were little?
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Wow, Ashley - what a great list you had for a 5th grader! I love Elisa May, Abigail Jane, and even Jason Samuel.

My daughter is in 5th grade now, and she loves Grace Catherine and Caroline Anne for a girl. She likes Jacob for a boy, she says.

As a kid/teen my favs started with Elizabeth then Althea, Oceana. I also liked Scarlett, Alice, Elspeth

I prob wont be using any of these names in the end :/ I do like Scarlett as a middle name still, but now i have to compromise with the other half he hates the name..

Not a bad list at all for fifth grade! Although I did giggle at Jerry Nathan..

Fifth grade...I know I liked Toby and Cory for boys, lol. Probably the era of Bianca, Suzanne, and Dakota for girls.
    Olivia Józefa: July 2013 . Expecting #2: July 2015