Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Options for Dash?

Love the nn Dash, but neither DH or I are fond of Dashiell.

Thoughts on full name options? I don't feel like Dash can be a stand-alone full name (at least in our case), but I don't want to use something that's completely contrived, either.

Thanks!!!

I don't care for Dashiell AT ALL, but I do kind of like Dash on its own. I wasn't able to think of a good alternative "full name."

What about an Ash name with a "D" name? I would think something like Dominic Asher, Declan Ash, Daniel Ashton, etc., or even Ash/Asher/Ashton D______ could fairly easily yield the nn Dash. For what it's worth, I adore Dash, as well! I quite like Dashiell, although now that I think of it, I'm put off by several factors of Dashiell, as well--the conflicting pronunciations (LOVE the sound of DASH-uhl; but I honestly can't stand duh-SHEEL), the fact that it really has no meaning, that it's the name of a writer that means nothing to me personally... I like that it's French, and I love the nn Dash, and how dashing Dashiell has always appeared to me, but I can honestly say the idea of Dominic Ash nn Dash is much more appealing to me than Dashiell itself! Other than D_____ Ash___, I really can't think of anything.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I'm with Ash ^. I was going to suggest the same thing.
    Little Lorelei - May 2016
    Endora - Freya - Merida - Viola - Zelda
    Dexter - Felix - Gideon - Hendrik - Victor

You could make it work with a Da first name Daniel, Dailey, Damion, Dane, Dale, Dalton, Dante, Darby, Darcy, Darrin, Darius, Darold, Darryl, David, Davis, Dawes, etc. And a middle that starts with sh- Shaun, Shale, Shane, Shelby, Sheldon, Shepherd, Sherlock(!), Sherwin, Shiloh.
    Some possibly good combos-
    Daniel Shane, Dante Shale, David Sheldon, Dale Shaun, Darrin Shepherd.
    I think Seamus works with the sh sound David Seamus?
    I like Darius but not with an S name.
    Maybe Darius with an H name for the middle spot- Darius Haddon, Darius Hayes, Darius Henry, Darius Holden.