Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brookiebear77 View Post
    Mariposa has already been vetoed by all the guys. I think am pretty set on Eilir as the middle name.I do like the idea of possibly using two. Right now inam leaning towards EVERLY EILIR-DIANE.But I do appreciate all the input
    I would drop the hyphen.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

I agree with Blade completely.
    You dont need to use Eilir if youre using Diane. 1 name is enough to honor. If youre willing to use Diane as a second middle, Eilir is really unnecessary. Use that slot for something you are head over heels for.

If youre interested in 2 middles, heres the formula I used with all of my 6 named babies:
    1-2-3 syllabes. could be in different orders, but it helps with flow. 2 of mine have 2-2-2 syllables.
    Diane is grounded. You can use a more modern name up front, paired with a lovely flowy middle. 1 very unusual name is enough, especially in a 3 name combo.

Hope this helps!
    so beautiful you are honoring the memory of your mom <3
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I quite love Eilir, actually! It sounds very melodic. I'm not terribly fond of Rowan on a girl--I love it for a boy!--but I do think something along the lines of Everly Eilir (or even Ever Eilir, or Evangeline Eilir, Evelyn Eilir, Evelina Eilir, Eva Eilir, nn Evie?) would be super sweet. I also love the idea of Charlotte Eilir... It seems like you lean more toward unisex, but I think with Eilir (which seems a bit gender ambiguous to begin with) you need a more feminine first name, or at least a unisex name that is undeniably girl (which I can't really think of any that are that way--then again, I am quite a fan of unisex names on boys, as you'll see in my signature. I think Felicity Eilir or Verity Eilir would be lovely, too.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I am pretty set on Eilir for the middle name. My mother was never particularly fond of Diane herself. I think she would really love the nod to butterflies. She always wore atleast one butterfly everyday. I am a little surprised at the response towards Everly. It does not feel trendy or made up to me at all, and definitely feels feminine. None the less, I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions.

How about Artemis? The Greek equivalent of Diana is beautiful, unusual but a little more familiar than Eilir.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.