Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Mariposa has already been vetoed by all the guys. I think am pretty set on Eilir as the middle name.I do like the idea of possibly using two. Right now inam leaning towards EVERLY EILIR-DIANE.But I do appreciate all the input

flick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brookiebear77 View Post
    Mariposa has already been vetoed by all the guys. I think am pretty set on Eilir as the middle name.I do like the idea of possibly using two. Right now inam leaning towards EVERLY EILIR-DIANE.But I do appreciate all the input
    All of our kids have two middles - I personally like it, I love long names and Eilir-Diane is really lovely and meaningful!

I don't care for the hyphen, particularly with two mismatched and rather unusual names like Diane and Eilir (obviously Eilir is much more unusual than Diane, but I think the hyphen really only works with Mary, Anne, Anna and Kate. That's it).

Everly is a frankly silly name. It's either a fake adverb ("and they lived happily everly after") or Beverly with the B chopped off. I think you can do better.

We on nameberry will love names like Eilir, which is lovely and unusual, but out in the real world it might strike people as a castoff from Lord of the Rings or a video game character. If you have the guts to use it, that's awesome, but I would pair it with something more timeless and more familiar in the front.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael; Julian Victor
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Allaire * Emmanuelle * Honora * Lysandra * Marina * Rosamond * Serena * Sylvie * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lucian * Marius * Quentin * Rainier * Silvan

Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ / Altair _ Faraj _ Tariq

missusaytch Guest
    I think Eilir is ok. Diana is beautiful. I like Rowan. The -en spelling seems unnecessary. I don't like your other first names. They seem a bit masculine to me. TBH, Everly and Loxley make me cringe a little. They sound made up and tredy.

Rowan Eilir is alright but I agree it is a bit masculine. Would you consider Eilira? It sounds prettier and flows better with Rowan.

Honestly I would be more likely to use a variant of Diane than something referring to butterflies. I like the suggestion of Luna. I also like Diantha. But Diana is def my favorite. So classic and beautiful. Diana Rowan is gorgeous, and Rowan Diana works really well too.