Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down

Quote Originally Posted by sarah15 View Post
    I actually really like all of the other names you have listed, but especially like Alexander with Maximillian and Felix. I think that the x is a nice way of tying the names together
    I agree. I'd definitely go with Alexander because of the X's! Alexander Grover? Alexander Harold?
    Maximus Alexander (2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

I love Jack and Samuel, especially. Although with Maximilian and Felix--they seem like such rich, romantic names--popular names like Jack and Samuel don't seem to hold up, although I do like Alexander with your boys. I'm not really sure he would feel left out, but I love the subtle tie of having the trendy/cool/uncommon "X" in each boys' name.

I also really love Grover (swoon!). I've crushed on it for so long, it's nice to see it getting some love.

I don't know if it appeals to you, but I think Conrad would work really well with Maximilian and Felix.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I think Alexander, William and Harold work best with your other sons' names. I'm afraid I don't love Grover for a little boy. Just makes me think of the adorable blue Sesame Street monster and I think would invite teasing in school. (The show will probably still be going strong for years.)

Thank you for the responses.

Unfortunately I think Alexander can only be a middle name for us. Firstly because we aren't keen on Alex or Xander as nicknames and secondly because we are trying to avoid getting stuck in the x theme.

We had the realisation today that if we go with Samuel Alexander his initials will be SAM!!! This is a keen contender at the moment.

Also holding strong on our list are:
    Harold
    Grover (though we are starting to doubt this one)
    Lachlan (despite its popularity here)
    Edward (I forgot to include this in the previous list)
    William

I feel like we might not have come across "the name" yet! I'm thinking about posting a thread for boy and girl suggestions in the baby name thread so if you have any ideas I look forward to seeing them there!
    Proud Mum of Maximilian Charles, Felix James and Harold William.

Alexander gets my vote! I like the idea of all the names having an x. It gives the siblings a subtle connection.
    alyssa ϟ 23 ϟ usa ϟ name lover

Girls: Emilia Jane, Anastasia Louise, (still working on girls list)
    Boys: Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Tristan Roy, Henry Augustus, Isaac Benjamin