Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ways to get to lockie

I am LOVING the name Lockie and need help to figure out how to get to it.
    There is a local artist in our area named Lauchie, my boyfriend has met him a couple times and told me his name and I fell in love with it. The only way I can think of to get to it is Lachlan & although I find Lachlan to be a nice name I don't love it. I'm used to hearing "McLachlan" so when I say it it feels like it's missing the Mc infront of it.

The only other things I can come up with are:
    Loki
    Locke
    Lauchie

Can you guys come up with anything else?

Also what do you think of the name Lauchie in general?

Thanks!
    Expecting baby #1 October 2017 ❤

I like Locke much more than Lauchie/Lockie, personally. Lockie/Lauchie seems overly cutesy--I can't imagine it working for someone over the age of about 5. Also, I would have never said Lauchie as LOCK-ee; I would have said LAW-chee instead.

I think Lachlan is great; I really don't think of the surname McLaughlin at all. But if it bothers you, I think just Locke is fabulous.
    Ashley | storyteller | Christian

princesinhas e príncipes:
    Isabelle Aurora Grace ▪ Avery Ian George

thinking about:
    Adelaide Iris Mireille ▪ Reef Benjamin Elias
    Ava Marigold ▪ Daphne Elisabet ▪ Ella Katherine ▪ Gwendolen Freya ▪ Leonora Lilac
    Lila Capulet ▪ Rosamund Hannah ▪ Tessa Evangeline ▪ Tiana Amélie ▪ Violet Ophelia
    Auden Leo ▪ Christian Olaf ▪ Cyrus Isaiah ▪ Dashiell Drury ▪ Everett Maximilian
    Grayson Amory ▪ Jack Sailor ▪ Lennox Shepard ▪ Rex Calvin ▪ Rowan Arthur

Lockette is what popped it my head, some others I found on google:

Locaia
    Lokalia
    Lokea
    Lokia
    Lachandra
    Lachelle
    Lachina
    Lacara
    Lacreta
    Lacrite

Edit: unfortunately many of these sound very girl, Lockie sounds girly in my opinion as well :/
    Last edited by catloverd; July 15th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

This suggestion is out-there, but, maybe Sherlock??

I think Locke could grow on me, sometimes I like Lachlan sometimes I'm not so sure. I can see where you're coming from with the cutesyness, that's why I'm hoping to find a more formal name. I just want to make sure I love it just as much as the nick name. My boyfriends name is Chance and sometimes me & other people call him Chancey so I guess I'm used to cute nicknames. My boyfriend pronounced it Lock-ie but maybe he had heard wrong, I could maybe see it being law-kee also maybe?. Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback not a fan of Sherlock though!
    Expecting baby #1 October 2017 ❤