Question Biblical Name Question

Hi everyone. My Husband and I were talking about Biblical names. I am not quite sure about this name so I wanted to see what you think of it. The name is Zipporah. My husband likes Zoe as a nickname. I thought maybe Z or Zo would be cute also. So let me know what you think!
    Last edited by allimeg; March 31st, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

Zipporah is fabulous! It's definitely unusual, but I HAVE seen it used before and it translates quite well in real life! I think there are a few of the more unusual / obscure Biblical names being brought out and dusted off these days, I don't think Zipporah would have any trouble.

Zipporah is lovely! I attended college with a girl named Zipora--I believe it was the Portuguese/Brazilian spelling? She was from Brazil. She went by Zippy--I always thought that was a fun nn--but I have to say I love Zo/Zoe, too (or just Zoe in general!). Or maybe even Zora. I agree it's very usable.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

We have a Zipporah at the daycare, she's beyond precious! Zippy is her nickname. Zoe makes no sense to me though...
    Nathaniel . Eden | Alessandra . Noel

Zipporah is definitely not my style, but I like Zoe as a nickname.