Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do the extremely wealthy name their children???

I know this is random, but some of my baby name books categorize certain names as "upper class" and some as "lower class". To be clear, I am by no means 'upper class", LOL. But I am curious if there are trends these days that are different for the extremely wealthy, vs the middle class. I searched online and couldn't really find anything current. It also seems like a weird question to ask, so I hesitated posting. But what the heck, I'm just curious.

Anyways, I just thought I'd ask.

I think there are certainly some trends that vary a bit from the standard lists. I live an an area that's extremely wealthy and my job takes me to a lot of their homes (wandering around and taking notes for lack of a better description) so of course I snoop their childrens names when theyre displayed. A couple things I've noticed....

A lot of one syllable names, many unisex: Elle, Bay, Finn, Wade, Blake, Brooke, Quinn, Beck, Bea (well, see below), Huck.
    Beatrix everywhere. Probably tied with Elle for the girls name I see the most.
    Less common surname names--instead of Harper and Hadley, Harrington (that was on a girl) and Fenton
    Less of the nickname-y names we'd associate with the past few generations of waspy nicknames. Although a few standard nicknames used without a full name. (example, Marge, just Marge and Char, just Char). I did spot one maybe 8 or 9 year old Bitsy though.
    Olivia Józefa: July 2013 . Expecting #2: July 2015

I'm not sure. I don't know many "extremely wealthy" people, haha, or even run in their circles, for the most part, but I work in the well-to-do area of my county, and we get a lot of the wealthier clientele, and I hear a lot of little girls with unisex names (Bailey, Casey, Rowan, etc.) or with classic, feminine, and non-top 10 names (like Caroline, Margot, etc.) or popular feminine names (like Ella, Olivia, Bella, Sophia, etc.). Most of the well-to-do families I know personally use posh-sounding classic, old names like Sebastian and Clark. I can't really pinpoint their style for girls--one is Jordana and the other is Elora. I think Elora fits much more in the same style of Caroline, Margot, Sebastian, and Clark, while Jordana... I really don't know what category that fits into, haha.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I went to college with a few. There was more than one Caroline, Nina, Charlotte, Sarah, Andrew, Ben, Billy (I think that he was William, Jr.). There were a lot of wealthy people with trust funds who would not necessarily have to work, but these were the names of the super-loaded, have-their-names-on-Ivy-League-buildings types that I can remember off the top of my head.
    Mom to the delightful Be@trix He1en Luci11e (2011)

Loving Margaret (nn Maisie), Louisa (nn Lulu), and Frederick (nn Fritz) for future children.

I knew one family. James, India, Sophie, Rory, Cosima. I also know a very wealthy Bunny.
    *Magnolia Anouk /Evangeline/Evelina Charlotte Rue/Junia Evangeline/Viviana Wildflower/ Georgiana Soleil/Sylvie Wilhelmina Moon/ Guinivere Ione Moon*

*Alive, Amoret, Cordelia, Olive, Beatrix, Eugenie, Marigold, Luna, Snow, Matilda, Fleur, Florence*

*Augusten Wolf/ Magnus Jude/August Jasper/Jude/Cyrus Jude/Lev*

*Osias, Caius, Finlo, Westley,Ivo, Grey, Thatcher, Ignatius, Hawthorne, Benedict, Atlas, Asher, Hugo,Caspian, August *