Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question How daring are you?

What names do you love that you may not be daring enough to use?
    Here are mine:
    Abilene
    Adelaide
    Agatha
    Agnes
    Blanche
    Blythe
    Darcy
    Elspeth
    Estelle
    Evangeline
    Greta
    Genevieve
    Hadassah
    Ismay
    Lettie
    Maureen

Everleigh
    Raine
    Elodie
    Eloise
    Elsie
    Anastasia
    Maysilee
    Ziva

Agnes is one for me, too. Agnes and Edith. I think they'd be so adorable for sisters, a little Aggie and Edie (or even Annie and Edie, with the French prn of Agnes), but ugh, I get so much flack for it in the real world. The funny bit is that it does honor my mom in a roundabout way, but I'm sure she'd hate Agnes more than me just using Karen, haha.

I don't know, I don't generally have names I really LOVE that I wouldn't use, I just don't keep a GP list. I think Ophelia would be one, though. It's so ethereal and beautiful to me, but I just wouldn't want my daughter to deal with the depressing Shakespeare legacy, or the juvenile jokes she could encounter. :/ Which is why I've stuck it in the MN spot.

ETA: I suppose there are a lot of names from other cultures, though, that I keep around as GPs--just in case I marry into another culture, or adopt from another country. Names like Mei-Lin, Ekaterina, Ariadna, Zenobia, Gracja, Lilija, Eliska, etc.!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Taylor - Mostly because it's dated.
    Lavender
    Snow
    Blair - I love it, but usually I love girly names!
    Besides that I love a lot of country-sound girls names that I probably won't ever use.
    Jessica Emily Faith
    Living in the land of Oz...
    Ronan: For the sake of spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Combo Considerations:
    ★"Abie" Annabeth Lily Pearl ★ "Jem" John Ellis Michael ★ "Maxel' Maxwell Robert Wray ★Jessie Pearl ★ Rowe Henry★ Winnie Noelle★ Mary Elle Winter ★ Elijah Ford ★ Viviana Marien ★ Bentley Reed ★ Conrad Heath★

Saskia, Freja, Signe (all a bit too exotic for me, but I love them!); Lois (a bit too dusty); Siri (too "apple")