Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I love it! Sounds sophisticated and you could use girlier nicknames like Livy or Liv.

I am generally not a fan of boy names for girls and Sullivan is a case for this. I have a Great Uncle named Sullivan who goes by Sully.

Quote Originally Posted by norskelove View Post
    My first thought was "Seriously?!" I don't think Sullivan works for a girl. At all.
    Agreed. While technically a surname (and I can see how surnames could work on either gender), I can't for the life of me picture Sullivan on a girl. I've seen Sullivan nn Lila on someone's signature, and, while I love the nn Lila, I really don't see how Sullivan works on a girl at all, sorry. Lila would redeem it, slightly, though.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I know several girls with the name Sullivan... it's their last name. The whole last name as first doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, although I have known people with names Kelly, Zachary, Frederick, etc. Then again my parents and grandparents thought Kelly too much a last name to be a first. Oh Well. I don't think it matters much boy or girl.

Whenever you ask if a name could work for the opposite gender on NB you'll always get a no. Surprisingly if you ask if a word or object (Plum, Bird, Fragglerock, or anything else that isn't a known human name) you almost always get yes. My personal opinion is that I don't care. The name itself sounds nice and I like it. You can use it on anything/anyone you like. That choice is up to you alone.