Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

In search of G...

I need boy names that begin with G, because of family tradition, but I can't find many I'm happy with--not George or Greg or Gary or Garrett or Geoffrey or Gianmarco...The ones I dislike the least are Griffin, Grey, and (my favorite) Grover. The more I think of Grover the more I love it...What do you think? Are there other boy names out there I'm missing? Can I get away with Grover?

Unfortunately, Grover will always be a fuzzy muppet to me...I like Griffin a lot.
    Have you considered Gordon?

I love Grover!

I posted it on another site, and someone responded, and I quote, "I think if I met a Grover, I'd laugh hysterically thinking of Sesame Street." I'm hoping that's not the general reaction because I would seriously love to meet a little Grover! (For what it's worth, I wouldn't laugh hysterically--I'd be grinning like an idiot!)

Other than Grover and Gray/Grey/Grayson (which is my favorite "G" name), what about:

Gabriel/Gavriel
    Gage
    Gavin
    Glover (possibly more usable than Grover? Personally, I like Grover, but the poster who replied to me seemed to think it was more usable...)

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Gavin, Gideon, Giovanni

I also think of Grover as the fuzzy monster.

Grant
    Gianni/Giovanni
    Gabriel/Gabe
    Gage (i know someone who spelled it Gaeg)
    Ganon
    Garner
    Garrick
    Garrison
    Gavin
    Gideon
    Gerard
    Gilbert
    Glover
    Grady
    Graham
    Gunnar
    Gunther
    Gus

As far as Grover...ehh, I grew up with watching Sesame Street, so i made that connection...not right away though, so maybe others won't? I think it actually sounds alright as a name..it has a well...soft, fuzzy..sweetness to it (sorry) for a little boy, but also sounds like it would work for a teen and adult..
    Alyssa
    06/2015, forever with my best friend <3 TTC #1

Future little guys:
    Callum Benedict * Dawson James * Timothy Powell * Josiah Moore * Cove Benedict

Future little ladies:
    Ada Rosemary * Eleanor June * Clover Ellis *Alena Caroline * Seraphina Juliette * Claire Annunziata * Kate Margot