Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Newly approved Danish names

Zelia • 20s • Exporting names from Greenland & Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Lórien • Alexander Adelin Pemba "Sasha" • Aksel Atticus Ivik • Oscar Edmund Igaluk
    Nor Valdemar Oisín • Asa Bjørnstjerne Dante • Marcel Endymion Theo • Vincent Akiva Lysander

Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Asta Ivalo Galadriel • Aviaaja Catherine Françoise "Avi" • Evelyn Brontë Cleopatra "Evie"
    Olga Alvaret Lúthien • Noor Dagmar Evangeline • Edith Faraday Thérèse "Edie" • Eleonora Gry Patricia "Ellen"

Oh boy, Lurifax made me laugh! My mum used to call me this when I was little. I think Fru, Kritte, Blær, Niks, Offer, Sok (why???), Dyne, Gift and Nitte are the worst ones.

I really like Fryd, Fe, Sommer and Syver (I know one by this name actually!). Musling is cute as a button.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Lurifax is adorable as a nickname (I was Laban myself, haha) but I'm not so sure I would enjoy being Lurifax Nielsen. Sok is just ... that's just horrible. I also think Badr is bad, I don't even know how to pronounce it - it's a sound more than a word! And don't even get me started on Fru - for a boy!

Fryd sounds like a name from the Norse mythology when you say it in English, I like that one too.
    Henry Ásgeirr Lórien • Alexander Adelin Pemba "Sasha" • Aksel Atticus Ivik • Oscar Edmund Igaluk
    Nor Valdemar Oisín • Asa Bjørnstjerne Dante • Marcel Endymion Theo • Vincent Akiva Lysander

Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Asta Ivalo Galadriel • Aviaaja Catherine Françoise "Avi" • Evelyn Brontë Cleopatra "Evie"
    Olga Alvaret Lúthien • Noor Dagmar Evangeline • Edith Faraday Thérèse "Edie" • Eleonora Gry Patricia "Ellen"

Lurifax Nielsen might not sound so good, no. Badr is bad! Just awful... why would anyone do that? I've just had a big Danish phase (we went to Copenhagen and bought baby clothes and furniture for the baby's room) and after that I've watched an endless amount of Danish movies and tv shows. So now I hear Mads Mikkelsen and Sofie Gråbøl saying these names in my head...
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

That is so rad, I hope you had a good time here
    And you know, hearing names (and just anything really) in the sound of Mads and Sofie is not bad at all, especially not with Mads - I could listen to his voice all day.