Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    So I brought that list to Hubby, and the only one he likes is Cassia. He vetoed everything else except Elysia, Felicity, and Morwenna (thank heavens!!).

alzora – I love those –ska names too! Unfortunately when I tried them out with our last name (sounds like Kellar-Strong) they're just awkward with all the k sounds.

emelis – Sapphira I like, although I think I prefer the Safira spelling. Hopefully Hubs will think of the Eragon reference rather than the woman in the Bible who was struck dead for her deceitfulness >_>

whirligig – Morwenna is the front runner for me right now, keeping my fingers crossed that Hubs warms up to her instead of striking her off the list. I'm definitely going to check out that list of Cornish names when I get home from work.

anton_yelchin_fan - I absolutely LOVE the sound of her name and always have…it's just her myth is so tragic. Not romantic tragic like Ophelia or Juliet…I'm talking horrifyingly tragic. I'll have to think about this one, because Phaedra IS so beautiful, and I'd have my little nod to Faerydae in there

ottilie - I like Miaren even more now that I know the meaning! Morwenna is definitely a fave, but Hubby has given Evadne the axe. Chione, Fiore (love!), Luscinia, Miriam (it's a family name for Hubs!), Muriel, Selene, and Sylvania are all going on the to-be-hopefully-approved-and-not-vetoed list! Orinda has reminded me of Oriana which is going on the list as well. I prefer Tamar to Tamara (the latter just makes me think of the Mowry twins), but she has a pretty bad rap. And you're right, I do love those Welsh names!

author in writing – I love Arden, but it's my husband's uncle's name, so that would be a little awkward. Ondine is a favorite, but she's been vetoed. Amalthea and Philomena are lovely!

Thank you all for your suggestions! Keeping my fingers crossed…
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

My suggestions may be too traditional for you, but I love:

Alice Anastasia
    Alice Evangeline
    Alice Emilia
    Alice Ginevra
    Alice Isadora
    Alice Arabella

My only suggestion for you that hasn't been offered is Wendolen. I never see it on here! It's Welsh I think, it means either white bow or white ring. Alice Wendolen sounds lovely and lilting to me. My husband has the opposite problem as yours, he said he'd only consider Wendolena! Maybe you'll like his version better?

aaand out of that list, the only one he likes is Tamara, and only because that's the name of a literary professor he knows and looks up to. She's a cool person, but I wouldn't name my child after her.

I'm really at a loss, you guys. He even vetoed Serena, which I think is a perfectly normal, usable name! I feel like I've exhausted all the magical-but-still-usable possibilities and am left with either normal Muggle-esque names which I can't do, or OTT names which he can't do.

(elisabeth rae, I love Anastasia and Evangeline, but they've been vetoed. trillium, Alice Wendolen is lovely...I don't have high hopes for how she'll fare with Hubby, but I think she deserves a shot)
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Oh, Sesshie, I'm so sorry! Does he still like Alice Everleigh? I think that name is gorgeous.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014