Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I like surnames as firsts, but usually only on boys (Parker is a favorite of mine, for a boy). Probably ever since I saw Fitzwilliam Darcy I've reserved surnames for boys I'm a big fan of girly names too (Celestia is a new fave), so even Madison and Addison are masculine to me.
    The only awkward thing would be if your last name is an established first. (i.e., a child named Parker James)
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence, Margo, Jade, Matthew, Susan, Maura, Mil, Floss, and so many many more

I think my last name is better-known as a first name, but isn't overly common for either.

I hate surnames as first names for girls - feels so darned masculine and I find the huge majority to be incredibly ugly. I like O ending names, too - but definitely not those.

It's definitely trendy, but I kinda like it--though it depends on the name.

I would definitely avoid it if your last name sounds like a first name. I went to high school with a McKenna Jack and he (yes, a boy named McKenna) was forever having to correct people for "fixing" his name and making it Jack McKenna.

I like it mostly for boys, I don't know very many that sound well on girls.

I love:
    Anderson
    Bennett
    Calvin
    Finley
    Heath
    Hudson
    Knox
    Webster
    York

The only one I can think of for girls is Darcy
    Top Names: Benedict Calvin & Noelle Geneva