Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What type of person do you picture???

Elijah has really started growing on me and SURPRISE dh actually likes it! ( which really is a miracle as he hates everything!)

SOOOO... What type of person do you picture??? ( I dont know even 1 Elijah)

Do you think it is on its way to becoming very popular??? (like Jacob?) Or will it remain used and familiar but not super popular???

(I should add that I am in Canada and Elijah is NOT in the top 100 here)
    Last edited by backtomyroots; December 6th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    on the search for the perfect girls name!

I am pretty sure Elijah is in the top 20 already! I do consider it popular, but not overly so. I always picture somebody handsome and intelligent. More bookish than athletic. Hubby and I like the name a lot too, but its popularity and its biblical origins were a deal breaker for us.

It feels fairly popular to me. I've definitely met some Elijahs. I feel like Elijah can be anybody. It doesn't give me a strong stereotypical image of any kind, which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

I love the name and nn ELI, it is growing in popularity but I havent met one!
    Mom to Jack Louis, Claire Bonnie and baby BOY due Christmas Day
    He will be either Max ,Ben, Ryan or Patrick
    Vote on my names http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9751728

I have met over 20 Elijahs. No joke. lol. It's crazy popular here, but I still love it. For the longest time I hated it because of its popularity, but a couple months ago it really grew on me, and I adore it. I wouldn't use it as a FN due to its popularity (it'll probably be top 10 next year), but I do adore it.

Surprisingly enough, when I picture Elijah, I don't picture any of the Elijahs I know. I picture a sweet little sunshine boy with bright blue eyes and blond hair, a mama's boy with a heart of gold. I love the reference to the prophet Elijah, as well.
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; December 6th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here