View Poll Results: What do you think of Frederick?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

20 43.48%
  • Not my style but would like to see someone else use it

21 45.65%
  • Not a fan at all

5 10.87%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love it. It was on my short list of boy names.

I have professed my love for Frederick over and over again. But unfortunately, the nicknames Fred and Freddie are what eventually nixed it for me. But if you like these nicknames, I say go for it! Frederick is a handsome, underused classic.
    mother to Louisa (born 11/22/2010) and Frederik (born 2/19/2013)

I would only like it if the nn Freddie was used... just not a fan of the sound of the full name.
    Juliet, Felicity, Elodie, Audrey, Veronica, Lydia, Iris, Elena
    Elias, Dominic, Bryce, Graham, Dean, Reid, Everett, Theo, Chase

I have a cat named Frederick...he was originally just Fred but after I named him, I realized how much I love Frederick, so now I call him Frederick James just because I love the way it sounds. Now I'm sad that I've "wasted" the name on a cat when I could have used it on an actual child one day, haha.
    I think it's a great name. It sounds very masculine and regal to me. Then again, I love regal, "prince-like" names for boys. Edward, James, Henry, Phillip, William...

I voted "love it" but I'm not sure that's even quite right, lol. I love the nn Freddie, I think it's adorable, but I hate Fred (had an awful acquaintance with the name), and Frederick continues to remind me of him even though he always went by Fred, never Frederick. I guess I should have voted "nms but I'd love to see someone else use it". I wish there was a Freddie name I loved, because I'd love to at least consider it, but that definitely wouldn't happen with Frederick for me. :/ I do really like it for you, though--I think it goes with a lot of your favorites.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here