Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Nellie is also a nn for Noelle or Janelle.

Why not just use the name Nellie if you like it so much? Then you don't have to worry about a nickname at all.
    On middle names: There's no point to them.
    On picking kid's names for nicknames: Just name the kid the nickname in the first place if you're that set on ever using it.
    Someone with a difficult name thought on giving out "unique" names: Please stop and think how your kid's life will be growing up with a really difficult/awkward moniker.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/59277

There's Nella, but might be a bit close to the ever- popular Bella.

You could always do a First-middle name combo, like:
    Niamh (Neve) Adele nn Nellie
    proud aunt to
    Liam Joseph (b. 5/8/2006)
    Aurore Brynn (b. 10/13/2012)

I think Anneliese nn Nellie could totally work! My only other thought has already been mentioned--Noelle. I think something like Danielle/Daniella could also get the nn Nellie. I don't know if you really wanted to use Danielle up front, though...
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Kekoa Alexander Jack "Koa"Audrey Cosima JaneJack Gulliver EzraAdele Sofia Eloise
    Eleni Charlotte Jane "Leni"Samuel Gaspard JohnAurora Kaia ElisabethReef Benjamin Elias
    Flynn MessalaLillian CamelliaKainoa BenjaminAdelaide Mercy "Daisy"
    Claire AmaliaBailey AmiasEsme GeorginaCaleb Giovanni

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I'm not sure I love Nellie enough to use it as a stand a lone name. I just think it is a super cute nickname. I think I could make Anneliese nn Nellie stick and when she got older she could go by whichever she wanted. Chances are I would call her Anneliese plus a variety of the nicknames. I tend to switch things up. Thanks for the input and suggestions everyone.