Old favorites vs. New finds

How do you choose? It seems like I keep finding new names for my list...some of them quickly usurp my longtime favorites and it frustrates me! If we are lucky enough to actually get pregnant someday, there will be only one child (or more...don't know what the future holds) to name, so I'll have to further make choices.

I was just curious as to how you all have tackled this, or if anyone can relate.
    Alyssa
    06/2015, forever with my best friend <3 TTC #1

Future little guys:
    Callum Benedict * Dawson James * Timothy Powell * Josiah Moore * Cove Benedict

Future little ladies:
    Ada Rosemary * Eleanor June * Clover Ellis *Alena Caroline * Seraphina Juliette * Claire Annunziata * Kate Margot

I don't struggle with loving too many boy names but I love MANY girl names. It helps me if I focus on those that have a personal meaning. For example, I really love Dahlia because it's the name of a person that influenced me a lot. So I concentrate on names that have something to with my life and that way it's also very unlikely that you grow tired of the name. I also make lists. One for my top 10 girl names and one for my top 100. I think that's quite handy because when it comes to it you have to agree with your SO and they will help reduce the list to the names both of you like - especially if you have different tastes.

Same as @eliane, there are few boy names I REALLY like
    I like the ones on my signature but I'm only crazy about 5 of them, Lukas and Emil(my girlfriend and I's favorite that has to do with how we met), Clyde (loved it since the very first moment) and Lance + Lars (I had a dream about them)

What I do is: I make a list sorting my favorites alphabetically. Currently there are around 110 names on my list. Every once in a while, maybe once a month, I read through them, pick those who currently sound the best to me as first names or middles and make a signature. Then I ask around for opinions and stuff that helps me choose my very favorites. Though to be honest, even though Lukas will always be my favorite boy name, I can never decide on what I consider the very best girl name
    - shay -
    greek teenberry

Annelie Neva ❀ Alessia Noelle ❀ Emilia Opal
    Erica Olive ❀ Maja Florence ❀ Felicia Madelief
    Elka Mae ❀ Nessa Maeve ❀ Taina "Tai" Beatrice
    Flora Madeleine ❀ Nova Jade ❀ Malin Reese ❀ Solveig Marin

Lukas Oliver ♪ Elias Harry ♪ Lance Willem ♪
    Emil Nolan ♪ Lars Wesley ♪ Elliot Isak ♪ Mathias Jake

It depends on how significant they are to me. I have a bunch of new findings, but usually they go to the long list. Some make it to the short list and usually those are ones with strong personal significance. For example if it's up to me my first daughter will no doubt be Seraphina Juliette Audrey. I've loved the name for years and still actually get the this-is-a-truly-fantastic-combo-for-my-kid feeling after all this time. Many of my new findings make me happy too, but in the end I pick one with the strongest significance and in this case it is Seraphina. Unfortunately boys names are much harder for me..
    Luna, name nerd

today's top ten:
    Seraphina Juliette Audrey | Evangeline Laetitia Odette | Isabelle Rowena Clare
    Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine | Helena Illyria Edelweiss | Aurelia Madelief Estelle | Lyra Felicity Aster
    Rosalind Anna Belphoebe | Violetta Catherine Lenore | Caroline Athena Liesl

see the rest of my favourites

considering:
    Hadrien Thomas | Francis Theodore Aslan | Marina Behati Azure | Thalia Persephone Kate

Old favourites were new favourites at one point. If you stay infatuated with a name for a month or more, I think that qualifies it to be added to a serious list. I tend to be pretty steadfast with the names that I've liked for a long while, but occasionally name crushes sneak up on me and threaten to knock them out of the top spot. Usually though, the infatuation with the new name fades after a few weeks or so, and then I revert back to my original favourites. I would say don't shun your new loves just because they're new, but maybe keep them on a separate list until you're sure that they're going to stick around for a while.

Helena Roxanne ✚ Scarlet Meredith ✚ Asa Jude ✚ Laurence Victor "Law"

Formerly vestigesofsummer