Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Nix?

WDYT of Nix?

I thought Nix could work, either on it's own (like Maks, Dex, Bix, or Jax) or as a nickname for Phoenix, Hendrix, Lennox (Lennix?), or Felix. What's your opinion? What would you think if you met a little Nix in real life? Is there a name along these lines (short, less common - not necessarily ending in 'x') that appeals to you more? Suggestions for my list & honest opinions welcome! Thanks
    Last edited by ellieberry; November 17th, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

I like it. I suggested the name Nixon to my husband today but he didn't like it. Love Lennox nn Nix.

I like Knox a lot more than Nix. When I see (and hear--mostly hear) Nix all I can think of is nixing something/axing it/etc., which I wouldn't want to attach to a child's name, ever. Besides, when I see the Nix spelling, all I can think of is the Greek mythology Nyx, which is feminine. I think Lennox or Nixon, nn Nix, could work--I just prefer them in their entirety (or Lennox nn Knox). Sorry.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I work in healthcare, so all that comes to mind is the brand of scabies/headlice treatment, which is pretty gross. Could be teasing potential there too. I prefer Fritz, or Knox I guess.
    Mama to Theodore Adl3r Emm3tt "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!! It's a GIRL!!!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

I think sometimes people get carried away with how a name sounds and forget that it carries connotations in real life. Nix fits the bill for that for me- I think of nix as a word meaning something was refused. As in, "My husband nixed the name Nix." There's also the Nixon association, which is pretty negative imo. It just doesn't sound like a name to me at all.

Maybe Lennox nn Nox? Axel, Beck, Mac?
    Gareth: 05.2012
    Baby #2 04.2014