Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What Names Do You Love? (Let's Add Some Positivity to the Boards!)

I always HATE to see posts about "names you thing are terrible" and the like. Why can't we just be nice and talk about names that we love? I think we should.

So, tell us the names you love, whether you can actually use them or not. I think everyone needs happy thoughts, haha. I can't wait to read them all

-Kylee
    Kylee

I simply adore the name Noa. I think she is so sweet and lovely, for me she has a similar feel to "Sophie", another one I love.

I also love Sebastian, boyfriend doesn't understand this one. So handsome and whimsical.

These are all of the names I love but boyfriend has vetoed or simply don't sound good with my or his last name..
    Rowan - so handsome and all boy for me
    Sebastian
    Emmett - says it reminds him of Emmett Smith the football player, apparently this is reason enough not to use it.
    Caspian - sounds a lot like my own name, Cassandra, but maybe as a middle!
    Alaric
    Emory

Noa
    Stella
    Lyra
    Austen
    Natalia
    Sophia - I don't care how popular it is, but the better half has a niece by this name.
    Elliott

Imperioustigerlily - what names do you love!?

My current loves for girl names include: Lucy, Honora, Cornelia, Eliza, Cecily, Delia, Adeline, Rosalie, Primrose, Vivianna

Current loves for boys (even though I have 4 and just named one...not even thinking about any more kids lol): Sullivan, Kendrick, Barrett, Casper, Winfield, Prescott, Kingsley, Ridley, Jenson
    Eldridge "Ellie" Hayes (12)
    Arthur "Artie" Linus (10)
    Willis "Willie" Baxter (6)

Expecting Calloway "Callie" Wright!

Wife to 1 King.
    Mother of 3 Princes.
    Expecting Prince Charming #4 in 2013.

Amora12 - I love Rosalie, so underused and simply adorable!

Erm, well, I really love my top four for each gender. Like I get a crazy grin on my face every time I think of them.

Isabelle Aurora Grace "Bella/Belle"
    Arianne Eleanor Kate "Ari"
    Olivia Wren Camille "Liv/Olive"
    Violet Ophelia Claire

Caleb Elias Joseph
    Everett Joshua Charles
    Asher Elliot Zane (not 100% set yet, but I'm leaning strongly toward it) "Ash"
    Jack August Cole (Cole might be up for grabs, but I still quite like it)

I also really love Rachel, Liliana (Lily), Charlotte (Lola), and Hannah (Annie) for girls right now, and Grayson (Gray), Avery, Brody, and Bailey for boys.

I really love Thisbe (Thisbe!) and Xanthe at the moment, but I don't really see me ever using them. I adore Wren and Eve, too, but I don't think they really go with my other favorites. And lately I've been liking Samuel for a boy, I think he goes fabulously with Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, and Violet, but I just don't love it as a name enough to use it.

I don't really have any new favorites atm, I feel like I've really settled into my top 5-ish for each gender, and have loved them for a long time as they are, but I feel like I could use a couple new loves! I'd love to keep my style fresh. Oh, I've really been loving Benedict lately, too, but I'm not sure I would really use it. WDYT? Usable? I am not sure it really fits in with the likes of Caleb, Everett, Bailey, Asher, Jack, Avery, etc. I do love its meaning, though. I have a second cousin named Benjamin nn Ben, though, so I'm afraid it might step on some toes...

I agree on the negative posts, too, btw--the "what's the worst name ever?" type threads invariably step on someone's toes, I honestly don't see the need for that.

ETA: Also, I've been loving Evie lately! Eve nn Evie has just been a placeholder on my list until I could find a full name for my beloved Posy, but I am just so in love with Evie lately. She's just so sweet and (at least in America!) underused! I've never met an Evie, I think it's delightful. It's just not enough name for me though, and I feel like Eve's too straightfoward (and the Biblical character's not the most encouraging), Eva's missing a bit of something, and Genevieve's just too much. Evangeline's too frilly, Evelyn's too boring, blech. I hate that I'll fall for a nn and not be able to find a full name I can use, because I just can't stand the thought of using a nn on its own (Jack and Tess notwithstanding).
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; October 17th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here