Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP! Middle name dilemma

Hi Berries, I'm trying to choose a middle name and am having some trouble. My husband and I have decided on the first name Grayson. He is giving me full authority on the middle name. So..... do I choose the middle name James which is my father's name, my grandfathers name, my great-great grandfathers name and my hubs middle name? Or do I choose Michael which is my hubs name and my hubs fathers name? I'll throw in this caveat: we do not get along with his fathers side so choosing Michael wouldn't be to honor his father - it would be to honor my hubs. My gut says to choose James since it has such a long history with my family but didn't know if Michael maybe sounded better with Grayson? I will also add that our last name is one syllable. What do you all think?

Grayson James H
    Grayson Michael H
    Last edited by tx77433; September 17th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

I think both Grayson James and Grayson Michael are fabulous. My inclination would be to use Grayson James, since it honors your husband, as well, but I do think Grayson Michael is less "AY" heavy. Although I think the 2-1 flow of Grayson James works really well, better than Grayson Michael. I don't think you could really go wrong, but there's more family significance with Grayson James, which would speak to me.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I agree you have two great options. Grayson James is my mild preference but Grayson Michael works well. I think it sounds like Michael would be a great mn option for any future sons (or likewise if you go with Michael this time, James in the future makes sense).

Based just on sound & style, I think Grayson James works better. And, it's also got the better history and honors so many people in your life. I'd def. go with James.
    Stephanie Nicole
    Mother Of:
    Conor Alexander (2 in Jan)
    Cormac Sebastian (infant)
    Cordelia Janemarie (infant)

Thanks everyone! I'm still not on board 100% with Grayson but that's what the hubs likes.