Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How would you pronounce Lucia?

I have seen Loo-CHEE-uh and Loo-sha used before but recently I met a little girl and she said her name as Loo-see-uh. I am a little intrigued by this pronunciation and I think it makes the name very soft. What pronunciations have you heard? How would you pronounce it? Do you think Loo-see-uh could be a legitimate pronunciation?

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

I Say Loo-CHEE-uh.
    I have heard Loo-see-uh before, I think I consider it plenty legitimate. I've actually never met a person with this name who says Loo-sha though, just the place name.

I love it! I say Loo-shah.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

The Spanish-background people I know say loo-see-uh, loo-chee-uh is Italian Both are legitimate, I don't diss either, but I love the Spanish pronunciation more, for its softness.

Occasionally in Australia (which has more Italian-speaking people than Spanish-speaking people) I've heard loo-see-uh dissed as "wrong" but it's not really - unless the particular Lucia doesn't like that, of course. In the US East Coast city I was from I think loo-see-uh was more popular, overall.

The lovely Lucia can be pronounced in all three ways - "loo-CHEE-uh" is Italian, "loo-SEE-uh" is Spanish and "loo-shuh" like the Caribbean island of St. Lucia. I prefer the place name pronunciation and then the Italian. Depends on what sounds best to your ear!
    All the best,
    Mischa.