Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't think a Seraphina would face any problems with her name, especially not in a English-speaking country. I love it! I'm quite sure that I'd use Fina as a nickname for Seraphina, simply because I like the meaning of Fina (something like 'the pretty one' in Swedish). I think Seraphina would fit in very nicely in your (future) sibset!

Crushing on
    ♥ Elysia ♥ Amadea ♥ Fidelia ♥ Elvira ♥ Verity ♥ Amalia ♥
    ♥ Peregrine ♥ Orion ♥ Aeneas ♥ Inigo ♥ Alastair ♥ Leopold ♥

among others

~ Always dreaming... ~

I like it but I wonder about the meaning being to much... Fiery, serpent like angel of God? Awesome on one hand, a tad scary on the other, lol!

What're your thoughts on the meaning, pp's?

I almost used Seraphina for my daughters mn. I still call her that from time to time. Seraphina is beautiful, and definately could work. So many possible nn: Sara, Siri, Ari, Fina, Finn..I had picked the name Seraphina specifically for the meaning "angel" my dd truly is my angel!
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I don't think it's unwearable, really. It's just a lot of name. I'm a simple sort of girl, haha, so I don't think I could pull off Seraphina, or even something like Juliet, haha. They just seem to be so rich in character and I'm not that exciting. I think it's gorgeous, though, and very wearable, especially with nns to make it more usable.

I think Ari could work... I think Sephie is adorable, too. I know someone who had/has Seraphina nn Nina on her list, I think that works, too. I think you could honestly get away with variants of Sarah as a nn for Seraphina, too--like Sadie, Suri, etc.

I agree that it goes really great with Alessandra and Nathaniel especially, but also all your other names. Henry and Seraphina would be really cute for siblings, I think!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I don't think it's unwearable, really. It's just a lot of name. I'm a simple sort of girl, haha, so I don't think I could pull off Seraphina, or even something like Juliet, haha. They just seem to be so rich in character and I'm not that exciting. I think it's gorgeous, though, and very wearable, especially with nns to make it more usable.

I think Ari could work... I think Sephie is adorable, too. I know someone who had/has Seraphina nn Nina on her list, I think that works, too. I think you could honestly get away with variants of Sarah as a nn for Seraphina, too--like Sadie, Suri, etc.

I agree that it goes really great with Alessandra and Nathaniel especially, but also all your other names. Henry and Seraphina would be really cute for siblings, I think!
    It's definitely a lot of name! It's one reason I was wary of it, but it's not that much more than Alessandra or Nathaniel...
    Oh I love the idea of Nina as a nickname!
    Nathaniel . Eden | Alessandra . Noel