Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cool looking for tomboy names/nick names-not necessarily unisex names!

Hey!
    I am back again…Last time I posted that I was looking for similar names to Phoebe and Lucia. My husband and I have quite different tastes in names-he is very much on the side that girls names should be girls names (like most of the people on this site-I think)! I however have a unisex name (Jo) so I am quite happy to use Hadley or Kennedy. (My husband sees these name as too masculine)!
    I am now having the re-think that perhaps I could go with a girly name (not too frilly though)! And use a tomboy nickname. I have read the blog of tomboy nick names and I am sure there are others out here. It would be a nice way to please both mum and dad-and she can decide which she prefers depending on if she is a girly girl or a tom boy!
    (Phoebe and Lucia are still high on the list-but please don’t comment on these names-just need some help with suggestions ).
    Alexi-is a name that he has okayed. BUT Alexandra really is getting too frilly/formal for me (Just so you can get the jist of my naming style-pretty simple)
    Thank you in advance!

Hmm, what about Eleni? Or names that could get to Eleni, like Madeleine or Eleanor? She could go by Leni if she was more spunky/tomboyish, and Ella or Ellie if she was more girly. Or even Laney, or Maddie or Norah for Madeleine/Eleanor.

I also like just Lou... it seems very unisex, but it holds a feminine appeal to me (or maybe Louisa/Louise/Lucia nn Lou). Or there's also Greer--I saw on one site that the Grier spelling is 100% a girls' name, but Greer/Grier feels very unisex to me.

I also have always thought that Izzy would fit a tomboy quite well. I think Isabelle/a, Felicity, and Isadora are nice longer forms.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Hehe! Ashley you have just chosen three names from my family! Eleanor is my mother in law-Madeline is my cousin and Ella (my screen-name) is my neice....I do like Ash though!

Quote Originally Posted by ella17 View Post
    I do like Ash though!
    haha. Well, I like Ash, too! I've pretty much stopped going by Ash in real person, though, so I could use Asher nn Ash for a son one day. I think Aislinn/Ashlyn or Asha nn Ash could be nice options for you. They don't seem that formal/frilly to me at all. Or even Ashby? That's more unisex, but it's sweet, imo, and she could go by Ash or Bea.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Yes-Asha and Ashby could work.-thanks My last name ends with a n and I have found very few names that end with n go with it! (I really like Arden for example but can't use it).