Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sibsets where the parent's taste in names seemingly changed

A lady in my building is pregnant with a girl and she's considering FNs like Cecilia and Gwendolyn along with MNs such as Rose, Marie, etc... Also, this baby is from her second marriage. She has a daughter from her first marriage who's like middle school aged. Anyway, that daughter is named Taylor and I'm 99% certain she doesn't have a MN.

I just thought it was interesting how her taste in names went from a shorter, popular name to longer, trendier, but not quite as common names paired with a MN.

So, does anyone else know someone who's name tastes seemingly changed with each child?

I instantly thought of twins Rebecca and Debora with little brother Axel!
    Wanda | 22 | INFP | Ravenclaw | lawful neutral
    all time faves:
    Rebekka - Amos - Zippora
    thinking about:
    Ursula - Noam

I've met a sibset where the older sister was called Sunshine and the younger brother was called Arthur
    Favourite combos:
    Sarai Matilda. Cressida Faye. Ilaria Winter. Florence Delilah. Heidi Rose. Amelie Seren. Eden Aurelia. Mina Clementine. Isadora Mairead. Elara Peridot.
    Beau Alexander. Tristan Malachi. Koa Rafferty. Bodhi Lysander. Henry Forrest. Arlo Caspian. Keegan Evander. Lucian Marlowe. Felix Jude. Elliott Josiah.
    More combos

I know a family with girls named Zoe and Kaylee, and then the younger brother has a 4 syllable Japanese name starting with Z. They are not Japanese at all and I believe they got the name from an anime.
    Mom to Noemi Xochitl *5/19/14*
    Expecting Kiana Rosalie in December 2017!

Favorite names at the moment:

Adela Rosario * Sarai Josefina * Serafina Belen * Valeria Elise * Ximena Daisy

☆Zenon (Say-NOHN) * Enrique * Gabriel * Isaiah * Josiah * Zacarias☆

Yep... my nephew's and niece are Zebadiah, then Sebastian, then Sarah. My brother in law openly admits they couldn't be bothered with long names any more. But I also, can't get over how different each name is stylistically. It's not just the length.
    Kay

Australia - 24yrs - Christian - Vegan
    Big Sister - Auntie - Animal mumma

Love Animals - Love Plants - Love Art

Married to my Sunshine - 17.2.17
    TTC planned for 2018/2019