Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Beatrix or Beatrice?

I want to use one of these names for my daughter. Beatrix to me sounds more like a first name while Beatrice sounds more like a middle name. What are your thoughts? And do you like these name combos?

Beatrix Sophia Grace
    Beatrix Sophia Kate
    Beatrix Violet Grace
    Beatrix Thalia Kate

Open to suggestions! I like two middle names. Thank you for your help Xx

I love all of your combos though I'm afraid I'm more of a Beatrice fan than a Beatrix (the -trice ending just sounds a little softer and more feminine to me) but either are great names.
    How about Beatrix Thalia Violet? I also think that adding Rose into your list of possible middle would be something to consider, to me Beatrice Sophia Rose or Beatrice Thalia Rose is pretty close to perfection .
    Good luck! x

I like Beatrix a lot! Beatrice has always felt more wishy-washy to me. I really like Beatrix Violet for a combo, but I love Beatrix Sophia, too. I like Beatrix Sophia Kate best, but I like the Beatrix Violet part slightly better than Beatrix Sophia, if that makes sense.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Kekoa Alexander Jack "Koa"Audrey Cosima JaneJack Gulliver EzraAdele Sofia Eloise
    Eleni Charlotte Jane "Leni"Samuel Gaspard JohnAurora Kaia ElisabethReef Benjamin Elias
    Flynn MessalaLillian CamelliaKainoa BenjaminAdelaide Mercy "Daisy"
    Claire AmaliaBailey AmiasEsme GeorginaCaleb Giovanni

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Pretty combos, but I love Beatrice over Beatrix. I just feel like Beatrice is gorgeous & Beatrix is trying too hard.

Had this issue in my family. My husband is strongly team Beatrix, and I prefer Beatrice.

I think I am losing the argument actually. Unless we end up going with another name altogether.

I like both, don't get me wrong, but I don't like the sound of "tricks" or "trick" (which is a pretty big insult where I'm from) especially on a first name. As a middle its less of a big deal, hence my willingness to compromise. I do think Beatrice is softer sounding.

Beatrix Violet Grace - I like Violet a lot, Grace doesn't do much for me.
    Beatrix Thalia Kate - I like Thalia with a hard T sound as in Thomas, less when pronounced with a the as in "the." However, I prefer Kate to Grace.

Sophia isn't really my sort of thing though its a nice name. If I wanted that softer sound to contrast with Beatrix I might consider Viola?