Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lucienne - interesting, but it's always sounded too close to Lucian/Lucien to me. I like Luciana or just Lucia so much more. I prefer Lulu or just Lou to Lucy.

Hollis - too masculine for me, but I think Holly and Holland are cute.

Indigo - eh, I've never really seen the appeal. Indie is a cute nn, but I don't love it.

True - love True! I read a story about a Tabitha Ruth, nn Truth, once, and I thought Truth was so cool. I think True is even cooler--more streamlined, without the old-lady vibes of Ruth.

Peridot - interesting! I like the idea and the sound, but like most gem names (excluding Ruby, Pearl, Jasper, and Opal), Peridot takes on a bit of a stripper feeling to me, sorry! Halfway it doesn't, and I think it'd be a REALLY cool choice with an amazing sound to it, but the other half sees the stripper thing right away. I feel the same way about Emerald and Amethyst--I want to like them, but they just feel too stripper-like for me. I think Peridot is definitely more usable, though!

Zoie - I actually LOVE this spelling of Zoie. It's borderline embarrassing to even admit, because I don't think Zoie ages well at all, with that spelling, anyway, and it's so trendy, and nowhere near as timeless as Zoe (which, for the record, I would only ever use Zoe, even though I like Zoie so much more)... but it just seems so much happier and sprightlier and I really love how it looks. It's one of the few misspellings I truly love.

Zophie - hmm. I'm a sucker for "Z" names and I love Sophia variants, but I'm not sure about this. What about the Czech Zofia? I think Zofia would still face some confusion, but at least it's a legitimate variant, and you could still call her Zofi/Zofie/Zophie... I much prefer Zofia or just plain old Sophie... Zophie doesn't sound right to my ear, for some reason.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

i love peridot. i would call her perry all the time. or maybe pd.

Hollis nn Holly is currently one of my favorites; I think it's a great name with a cute nickname.
    Current Favorites: Emmeline, Claire, Verity, Jane, Iris, Starling, Mercy, Josephine, Acacia, Gemma, Maura, Quinn, Kenzie, Molly, Henrietta, Elodie, Nova, Virginia, Noor, Schuyler

Caspian, Rafferty, Jameson, Phoenix, August, Bennett, Soren, Jory, Callen, Mercer, Asa, Josiah, Grayson, Holden, Kai, Jasper, Charlie, Adlai, Liam, Ashley

Lucienne- Cute! But I will admit that I prefer good old Lucy.
    Hollis- I really like Holly, but Hollis is alright. It has a cool sound, but I'm not in love with the way it looks typed out.
    Indigo- I prefer Indiana, but I love how you can get Indy out of it!
    True- THB, I think this would make a better middle name.
    Peridot- I don't like the sound; Dottie is cute though.
    Zoie- Zoey is such an energy-filled name! I like it! But only spelled as "Zoey".
    Zophie- Sorry, this looks a bit made up to me. I prefer Sophia "Sophie". The only other "Sophie" name I can think of is Sophronia.
    ~ Catholic. College. Communicative Disorders. ~
    ~
    (updated 11/3/15)
    ~
    Saints, Classics, & Norwegian Boyfriend's Influence
    ~
    ~ Alice Georgina ~ Aurora Seraphina ~ Elizabeth "Elska" Cecilia ~ Genevieve Astrid ~ Juliet Sunniva ~

~ Caspian Alexander ~ Declan Raphael ~ Ronan Oliver ~ Sebastian Anthony ~

Musings: ~ Charlotte Francesca ~

(I'm using the soo-NEE-va pronunciation of Sunniva)

Lucienne- I prefer just Lucy but Lucienne is quite cute!

Hollis- Holly is cute but Hollis seems a little too masculine for my taste

Indigo- This is a huge GP for me! I think it is just adorable but I don't know that I am brave enough to use it

True- I like but I think Truly is better and a little more substantial

Peridot- NMS

Zoie- A different spelling will not take away the popularity of the name! Just because there is an extra i in there will not stop her from being mistaken for one of the million Zoe's out there. It is setting her up for a lifetime of having her name misspelled.

Zophie- Again is is the same as Zoe a different spelling is not going to change anything.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names